Saturday, October 6, 2007

Mozambique!

Hi Everyone! Sorry it has taken me so long to get in touch- we are on a field trip to Maputo now so we are spending a little time in an internet cafe. i arrived in Mozambique last tuesday after a super long flight from philly. but the flight was good and my fellow peace corps volunteers are amazing, so it was alright. mozambique is absolutly amazing! i moved in with my host family on sunday...things are starting to get better. the first few days were really rough because i could hardly communicate , but with 5 hours of language class a day things are getting much better! i have learned a ton of portuguese the past week, but i still dont feel like i am learning fast enough. last night i helped my sister cook dinner...she must think i am a total idiot, but i told her that i never cook in the us, and then she thought i was really crazy. i also went to the salon with my host sister yesterday. she had the lady to my hair in curlers...i guess that she didn realize that my hair wont stay... but it was cute for hte few hours that lasted....
umm i dont know what else to say, i am a bit homesick, but i love this place...the people are amazing and so is the food. everday i walk about 10 min to my portuguese class and i laugh so hard because little kids will chase me yelling white in portuguese, and when they catch up to me they laugh because i talk to them in portuguese. i hope that everything is well at home. i miss you all terribly! love you!

linds :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linds- We are sooooo happy to hear from you.....We've got tears in our eyes.Sounds like you have thngs 'dialed in' so far, and we're so glad you are there,safe, happy, and sound. We pray for you, and love you dearly. Give someone we don't know a big LaBrie hug for us.... only you understand.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay!! I wrote on your facebook, but now I know this blog page. Glad to hear you are doing good. We are great here, Matai is walking now!! We are going to have a Halloween party nov 3rd at my parents barn. Well, that is about all that is new here:) Miss and love ya! brooke

Anonymous said...

Lindsay! We are enjoying keeping up with you & your experiences. I had this picture in my mind of you and the mouse! Happy learning, keep smiling! Patty & Steve