Tuesday, October 16, 2007

back again!

whoa back again in just two days...but today was a short day for class so hey why not. so after i left a post on sunday i was so lucky to go to the salon with my sister again...i tried explaining to them that it is silly for me to get my hair done because it doenst last, but they dont seem to care and still want me to get my hair done. i really dislike going to the salon because i feel like a grease monkey afterward. my hair honestly looks like i just got out of the shower,but my family thinks that it looks so pretty. so what do you do? dad this one is totally for you...good thing we cant have visitors during training... on sunday i was doing the dishes with my mom and the soap in the sink was gone so she went into the bathroom and got the soap from the tub. yep you got it, they use the same soap for dishes body and clothes! tasty isnt it! today my portuguese class made lunch for our moms, interesting trying to come up with an american meal in mozambique. our first idea was hamburgers and plan b was blts, both of which fell through because we cant get ground beef or bacon. we ended up making fancy grilled cheese with tomato onion and lettuce and onion rings. the moms were impressed, and it was tasty. what a wonderful day. but i do have a sweet battle wound... a blister on my pinky from hot oil. we cooked at my friend jesses house and he has 2 year old twin sisters who i am in love with! they are the cutest kids. i was holding one of them and the mom told me to take her back to america...and she was not kidding. it is crazy. i really dont have much else to say now! take care
linds :)

did i ever mention that i shower 2 times a day... i thought that i was going to shower every few days...but no my mom makes me shower every morning and night. crazy!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

My darling friend!!! I at last got my lazy ass onto your blog!! This stuff sounds fantastic!!! WELL done! it takes more guts to do what your doing than most africans have!! Thank you so much for the phone call last night!! Cant tell you what a pleasure it was hearing your sweat american twang again!! tried calling back but need to get the SA code I think. Im glad things are going so well and you have a flushing toilet! he he....! Those ppl back home will never believe it!! plz let me know if there is anything i can do or send you and definitely let me know if you keen to come stay! Anytime!! I'll hopefully call soon. Thanks again my friend! hang in there and enjoy those 2 showers a day! Keeps the bugs away ;-)
Lots of love and blessings always!!
Amanda

PS What are they trying to do to your hair????????

Anonymous said...

Hey Baby Girl, I check this at least twice a day. Dad called on your wells fargo student loan. Sounds like you can defer if you want. Kenz tried to DL skype on Kileys computer--but it would not work. Maybe this weekend. How about dreds in your hair? Your spirits sound good. Keep up the great work. Love and miss you. Mama

Anonymous said...

Hey sista!! Bring me home an african twin.. bring them both if their mom was not kidding
<3 Kiley

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! hope everything is going well.. i will probably give you a call sometime this weekend!!! glad you are showering twice a day!!! hope everything else is goign well... love you!

Anonymous said...

Sweet chicken!!!!
I am in Wolfsburg and just made it to read your blog! I had to laugh so hard that my colleague was asking if everything was alright with me! It sounds like a total different world you are in but it seems you are enjoying it. Met Alli two days ago and we were remembering our great times in South Dakota. Alli invited everyone to join Sturgis in 2010, so that we can beat the pics that your parents shew us ;)
Miss you, my little chicken.
Take care, love you,
bye, Carolin.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay, I found your blog address and got caught up on everything sounds like you are having a great time (i knew you would).Maybe Pam and I will have to put S.Africa on the to see list.2 years is going to go so fast so enjoy yourself and be safe.
Maybe you will inspire our kids to experience the world and different cultures like you.Wish we were there. Love you always
Steve and Pam

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay!
It has been great reading about your experiences to this point. I try and picture everything you are writing about but it is almost to hard to imagine. This is such an unbelievable experience that you are taking part in. It will go by so fast! So have fun and enjoy every minute of it. You shower more times a day than I do! Spencer says "hi". He remembers you as the "Gap girl". Take care and you are in our thougths and prayers. With love, Megan.

Anonymous said...

So do you need like a tranquilzer gun...to tazer the big huge scary mouse...i'm sure i can find something! i want to link your blog to mine...is that possible..i'm so dumb with computers.

Alli

Anonymous said...

good thing you are taking showers twice a day. gosh thats a lot better then you were taking only 2 a week at good ole USD! haha just kidding linds you know i love ya. im so glad to read that things are going so well with you. kinda grossed out about using the same soap for everything... i guess whatever works. sure sounds like u are having a great time and it was a great decision to go out there. well ill try and call you soon. talk to u lata linds batch!

L.S. Alves said...

With the hot weather you have in Maputo one, two or three bathes by day don’t is strange. Under the equador this is very usual. The important is one bath to begin the day and one to go sleep.
Good luck with life in Maputo.

Anonymous said...

Hey Linds, I had some time to catch up on your blog! I am glad that you are having a good time and learning lots of things. would you like me to send you some mouse traps? they sell them pretty cheap at Wall Mart! Take care! We love and miss you! love, Paige & family