Saturday, November 17, 2007

Wasting time

So i have spent way too much time on the internet this week. but i am done with the whole host family thing. i love my family here to death, but really i am 23 and not 14. but everything is still going well... i am just ready to get out on my own. we have model school next week...how scary. we have to get up in front of a class and actually teach! i am extremely nervous, but very excited at the same time. during the first week i will teach 2 9th grade english classes, and the 2nd week i will teach either 11th or 12th grade. it is really hard to figure out what to teach because my brother is in 9th grade and doesnt even know the english alphabet. kind of crazy isnt it? if any of my darling teacher friends out there have any suggestions for fun activities with mininal(really minimal) resources it would be greatly appreciated. i just came to the realization not too long ago that my family must not use toilet paper when i am not living with them. the toilet paper has been gone for a few days and it doesnt seem like a big deal to anyone.thank goodness that i have a secret stash in my room. i find out for sure on wednesday where i am going to be living for the next 2 years! i am really excited but really nervous at the same time. so many exciting things going on. right now. only 3 more weeks of homestay and then i am off to my site! that is al for now. i will probably be back on wednesday...either bawling or screaming with excitment! hopefully it is the latter
hugs and kisses!
linds :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying that you will be screaming with delight at your placement! Glad to hear you are enjoying Mozambique. There is a song that plays in baby Gap and it says Mozambique and I always think of sweet Lindsay. I don't know what the song is. Take care. And I look forward to reading more blogs.

Anonymous said...

Hey--Thanks for the birthday call. Can you believe your Mama is 47? Neither can she! Will call tomorrow if I get home in time, or next week. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey girl Hey! hope everything is well... i will give you a call on thursday.. this week is pretty busy with studying! love and miss you!

sludens said...

Hey Lindsay -- hi from Parker. First time reading your blog and love it. I am still amazed at all you are doing. Amazing. Can't wait to hear where you get to go. Take care and look forward to hearing more about you adventures.
Susan and Maggie

Alli said...

Linds...I know I am not an expert..we are still babies in the english teaching world...hahah still struggling to crawl, but i have used alot of games from the ESL Cafe...www.eslcafe.com, I know they have games for all levels. I dont know if this would work for you...the germs know alot of english but...something that worked well for me was like a scattergories type game..make a set of catorgories then give them a letter and set a time, then you know they have to fill in an item for each catorgorie beginning with the chosen letter...um..i am drawing a blank, but i will let you know if i come up with any more! I just have to brainstorm haha...miss you batch..you will be rockstar teacher!!! i will be calling you soon...

Anonymous said...

hi lindsay-thanks for the b-day card,someone must have stole the money or gift,oh well try again next year.love june

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, Saw Jackie (Trygstad) Olson yesterday. She thinks it is awesome that you are serving in the Peace Corps. heard via e-mail from other parents that we should maybe not send other packages until you get your permanent placement. What do you think? Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I miss you Linds!! I hope you're having an amazing time and I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving! I love you :)