Friday, October 31, 2008

lots of love from mozambique!

Hi again! I am done with my duties as a teacher…I am officially half way done with my teaching career! Life is moving along rather quickly right now, our house has been a parade of visitors lately so things have been exciting. A few random stories from the past weeks. We had the Mozambican equlivant of senior prom and it was pretty fun, the students “waltzed”, but it was more like all of the most dramatic parts of a waltz in a few seconds and they just repeated it a few times, but it was pretty cute. There should be some pictures on webshots if you are interested. The other day I was telling one of my students about winters in south Dakota and how children like to build snow forts and snow men and all of those other types of fun things, and right before we finished talking he asked if these snowmen could walk. The idea of making a “person” from snow was so far fetched for him, but it was really cute. Not sure if I have mentioned this before, but I have become a little bit of a liar here, and I told all of my students and the neighborhood kids that jackie chan is my father, and they think it is the coolest thing ever. But everytime a white guy comes to our house they first ask if he is one of our husbands, and then they ask if it is Jackie chan. Or when I ask them what my name is they say dona Cecilia Jackie chan. They also asked if all of the people in Jackie chan movies actually die or not, I guess that they don’t totally understand that they are movies and not real life things. Went to the market to buy food today and stopped to talk to this lady we know, she might have had a bit to drink, but as she was explaining some things to us she was patting my boobs like you would pat someone on the shoulder and thought absolutely nothing of it, it took just about everything in me not to burst out laughing in her face. Hope you are all preparing for the upcoming cold months, we are almost finished with the really hot stuff, just waiting for the ultra exciting rainy season to start. Rain 7 days a week…cant wait! Lots of love!
Linds J

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lindsay, Just talked to you 2 days ago. Halloween party was fun. Still trying to figure things out about travel. Love you long time--Miss Chan!! Mama

Anonymous said...

hi lindsey no snow here yet but talk of it later this week yeppi skippy i and many others cant wait we moved furniture in at cabin main floor seems more homey now getting more relaxing all the time this weekend i might sand and stain kitchen cupboards oh ya.... im going to go check out your webshots take care and watch out for ladies patting your chest!!! tami and all

Anonymous said...

BRAVO on the photos Linds i enjoyed all of them thanks! love tami

Anonymous said...

love and miss you sista!!!! kkkenzieee

E-Beth said...

Linds, I love and miss you incredibly!!!! great blog and fantastic stories!

Anonymous said...

hey lindsey, what up lady? rainy yet, cold here spose you knew that. your mom and dad helped me stain and varnish cupboards at lake very much appriciated help. all done with that now only have alittle trim to do and mostly done yes...then basement some day. Oh ya carpet and trim upstairs needs done to. what do you do for thanksgiving? stay cool and stay safe love ya tami

E-Beth said...

playing blog tag and I tagged you. Read my last blog to see how it's played =) love and miss you. Hope everything is well

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay,
Im a student in Uk, Im doing one project about Mozambique for my 'international business and trade' course. But the information about this country is limited. We need to make strategy about sell one product exist in Uk to Mozambique. Our group have choose dry soup. Im wondering do we have market in Mozambique. Or could you please give some other product suggestions?
Thanks very much
I look forward hearing from you

My email is lanxinrcl@163.com