Sunday, July 13, 2008

:)

so it has been way too long since i last wrote,sorry! i am kind of stupid and ruined my flash drive, so now it takes me forever to type these things when i am actually at the internet. i hope that evryone at home is doing well. things are mozmabique are good for the most part, you know...besides having daily cravings for mexican food. i just finished my 2nd trimester, so that means only 4 more to go until i am done being a teacher! woo hoo! i hope that everyone had wonderful 4th of july weekends. we had a bunch of our pc friends come to our house and it was fun, definalty not like being in america though, but we made the best of it. lets see random funny stories from the past few months. on wednesday morning i saw all my little best friends going out into the bush like they do everday, but then when they finally came out at about 3 they had caught and killed 47 field mice that they were going to take home and eat! i took a picture, and it almost made me vomit just because i hate mice so much, but they were having a heck of the time with them. and yesterday when i got to the city there was a woman who had a basked full of grilled mice that she was selling, kinda crazy huh!ohh ya the president(of mozambique) also visited about 3 or 4 weeks ago. and i got to shake his hand and he asked me if i was a teacher and what subject i taught, and ya it iwas in portuguese so i felt kind of cool. i think i have already told you this but i started taking shona( local language) lessons, and they are coming along pretty slowly, but yesterday our language tutor walked to villa with me and he was telling me what all the kids were saying and it was quite funny. when the kids would walk far from their houses the other kids would yell at them and tell them that they were going to get stolen, it was kind of making me laugh. i hope you are all well at home!
love and miss you all!
linds :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linds...sent you a lengthy email i guess., i thought i was blogging. Tried to copy & paste it, (tothis space), but couldnt do that (I sm so computer dumb) either. I hope you get it. Have a great time for your remaining "Moments in mozambique" Love you, Auntie Pat

Anonymous said...

Hello Linds.. We all miss you.. Cabo when you get back! doug north

Anonymous said...

Hello Lindsay!! I'll keep this short--you just made me sooo hungry. Think I told you all my news on Sunday. Love and miss you. Mama

Anonymous said...

hey lindsey how goes it? ya i just got back from hy vee, how depressing but love to eat so must spend alot of money to support that habit. fyi milk is 3.49/gal. eggs 2.79! everything else crazy too, no weight loss for me yet, so not too crazy. i hope it reflects on my waste line soon!! summer holidays catching up on that one. miss walking with you in evenings. instead i work in yard..relaxing. john is fixing jet ski for friends, wind and rocks totaled it so keeps him busy... whats for supper?? got to go love and care,tami

Anonymous said...

Hey Linds, I havent posted for a long time. I am so glad things are good with you still. Mmmm Field Mice! (j/k). Well Shonette and her husband Troy were back visiting for about a week, it was really nice to see them. Josie just did a week of Kindermusik, she loves to sing and dance around. Noah is doing really well too. He got his Learners permit so stay off the sidewalk! No he does really well, I just forget what it was like when I first started to drive. We havent been up to the lake yet, we sure do need to get up there. Well take care we all love and miss ya! Paige