Friday, May 30, 2008

boo boo boo

hello! so i last wrote on sunday..at that point everything was going wonderful. carrie and i had just gone to visit our friends in this place called mangunde...the most bush of africa..it was kinda funny...and we had a great time. and then my phone got stolen when we were only about 3 min from our house! so i am a little bitter about that, but it was kind of funny because my students and all the other teachers were so mad. they were all telling me to go to the curendario( traditional healer) and have him work some magic on the guy who stole my phone, but they said that i had to be careful because if i didnt do what the guy said or if i didnt pay him that i would go crazy. they also told me that the crazy people in the villa are crazy because they went to the curendario and took some medicine to become rich. it is just kind of funny the things that some of them believe. the said that they guy who took my phone would know that i went to the curendario because the curendario would use a bicycle pump, and when the used it the theifs stomach would grow and then he would know that there was curse on him and i would get my phone back.sorry this is kind of random...just wanted to say hi....i am still working on getting my old phone number back... so for now i am cellphone less!
love and miss you all
linds :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so--your old cell phone here is gone, too. Small golf cart accident. They were able to save your phone book--but Cari's number in the text message is gone. We have a pretty new phone, though. Love, MAMA

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that someone stole about your phone. It could always be worse.For instance, I worry that someone will steal your heart and that you won't come back. Seriously though I empathize with you. Over Memorial Day wkend someone fraudulently emptied my bank acct. Good chance I'll get mine back, not so with you. What a hassel for both of us. It's all in the game called life. I hope a million good things happen to you now to make up for it. I will always love you and miss you. God be with you. G-mom